Poll: Do you support me?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
38.89%
7 38.89%
No
61.11%
11 61.11%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Siick's Moderator Application
#1
EDIT: I was not wanting to add a poll just because I feel it shows innacurate results, but by request, here it is. ^

EDIT2: Added what I plan to do as a mod, revised a few of my answers, and removed a reason for me becoming a mod.

EDIT3: More corrections on my grammar.

EDIT4: Misc little details. No need to mention.

Name: Taylor

In-game name: Siick, Siick2, Level One

Forums name: Siick

Timezone(GMT +/- ?): Gmt -5

Do you play when most of the staff are off?

Yes. Most of the time when I'm on there are only 1 or 2 moderators on.

Do you play over the night?

When I can, I do. Being in school, playing sports, and having a job soon prevents me from doing it all the time.

Are you active on the chatbox:

No, But it is something I can start doing.

Average of time you play a week:

60+ hours. I have a very weird school schedule, but it enables me to play the server quite a bit.

Are you active on the forums:

Yes. I Check them 4 to 5 times a day.

How long have you played SilabGarza:

Just about a year and a half now. I registered on the forums on 9-18-2009.

EDIT: I have not been active all of this time just to clarify. I played for about 2 months when I first registered. I then had some life issues which caused me to have to go inactive ingame. I've done this a few times(my life is not going to well right now) but I have still been a part for a while. So overall, I only have about 3-4 months of ingame time.

Do you have ANY coding experience:

Some. It has been quite a while since i even took a look at coding. My expirence is probally outdated.

Explain why you should be a moderator (100 words minimum, do not be repetitive):

I want to be a moderator so i can easily help people. As cliche and suck uppy as that sounds, its the truth. I've been part of this server for over a year. I have had some inactive time do to in real life issues, but I have never up and quit. Too often do I see quitting threads over something stupid like "The community is horrible" or "Everyone else is quitting, I will too." Those statements hold no value to me. If you are truly dedicate to this server, you will tough it out and come back over and over like I have.

My second reason why I should be a moderator is because of my vast knowledge of the server. After playing for so long i know just about everything there is to know. I love sharing tips and tricks with players that make their life easier, wether it be on the server or Irl. The server is growing so fast now that lots of players need help, have questions, and just want a mod to talk to. I can be that person. I am very level headed and i keep my cool almost always. I have a high tollerance for stupid questions, and a quick hand to type responses to all the private messages. I'm a friendly guy overall, and i think lots of players would become fond of me.

My third reason why I should be a moderator is because of my expirence. I have been playing private servers for going on 4 years. I have played just about every half decent server out there. I have been in a staff position on quite a few of them, and even a co-ower for a week. (It was for the Lulz!) I've seen so many different players of all types varying from the very young and immature to the older more mature players and everything in between. I know how to deal with almost any situation fairly and easily. I've learned over time, as hard as it is to say, that sometimes your job as a moderator, adminstrator or anything has to come before your friends on the server. Not many staff that i have seen across rsps's realize that. They jail in benefit to their friends, abuse their power to save themselves, or give their friends special benefits. Now I'm not saying I won't give a good friend the benefit of the doubt once in a while, but I'm sure not a person who is going to abuse their powers for friends because they ask me to.

My last reason, or reasons I should say, of why i should be a moderator is because [Reason removed] This is just going to be a jumble of reasons. I know nearly everyone on the server. I am great friends with half of the staff, have a pretty good repuation from what i hear, and i get along with players. I know who to respect and why to respect them, I don't mouth off, and I try to be the best person I can be. At one point, I was a GFX artist on the forums. That mean't i was supposted to be the person who helped make the new banners for the forums, the backgrounds for the client or anything related to the forums graphical needs. Although I didn't do much of that while i was a feathery artist, it gave me a little insight on what being a mod is like. A lot of times people would come to me for advice on GFX or feedback on things they made.

Okay getting off topic so lets finish.

My reasons why i should be a moderator are:
My want to help anyone and everyone
My knowledge of the server and forums
My expirence playing rsps and modertator
And my just general personallity

What I plan to do as a moderator:

As a moderator I plan to make numerous contrubitions to the server. I will be available to help any player when ever they need, I plan to help the admins and owners with anything related to the server, and I plan to try and make the community a better place. Overall, I just want to improve the expirence players get when playing Silabgarza

Anything else you would like us to know:

Actually yes. I haven't really mentioned any cons in this app so I think I will do it now.

I'm not perfect, I have a few downfalls. Here they are

1. I rarely play on weekends.
My parents are divorced and i go to see my father on weekends. Not many of you will understand this but family comes before gaming

2. Sometimes I can be too friendly.
I'm the type of person who gives too many chances and warnings to repeat offenders. I tend to be on the nicer side and it bites me in the ass quite a bit.

3. I take no bs.
When it comes to people either lying, trash talking, or disrespecting my friends or another staff member, I am quick to get pissed. Thats really self explanitory.

4. I'm not rich.
A lot of the staff on the server have big money. Thats not me. I know most players sterotype mods as being rich, maexed lvl 126's. I don't fall into that category.

5. I talk way to freaking much.
Just look at this app. Its a freaking novel.

And with that i close.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this app. If you have, please, leave a comment or feedback so i can know how I'm doing.

Taylor
[Image: 6EfWRkZ.gif]

[Image: 30bo4tl.png]
#2
really good application! you earn a cookie. the only problem is that i saw you one only time ingame, maybe cause of the timezone difference so I will not vote, just to be fair.
#3
Answer: No

Sorry to say, but you are really inactive on the forums. Personally, I would prefer to have IG Moderators who are active on the forums as well. It is good that you tried at least to have length in your application, but there are countless errors in the application. I feel your grammar could be a lot better than what was shown in the application. You need to actually mention traits you have that fit the moderator position. Most of the traits mentioned throughout it are generally repetitive in most of the applications.

Your reasoning for why you should be hired are extremely flawed as well. Everyone has the ability to help players, and should not be concluded as a main point of why you should be hired. You left the reader with little information of your intentions of the moderator position.

As a staff member, I would expect that you would worry too much of what other players thought of how you do your job. Not only that, you would favor more to being the popular mod instead of the mod who does their job correctly.



siick Wrote:[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]2. Sometimes I can be too friendly.
I'm the type of person who gives too many chances and warnings to repeat offenders. I tend to be on the nicer side and it bites me in the ass quite a bit.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Cyan"]3. I take no bs.
When it comes to people either lying, trash talking, or disrespecting my friends or another staff member, I am quick to get pissed. Thats really self explanitory.[/COLOR]

Taylor
[/SIZE]

#2 - It is good that you are friendly, but to rule-breakers I expect that they are punished accordingly to what they deserve. Not accordingly to how much mercy or sympathy you are willing to give them.

#3 - I would have to worry greatly how you would respond to players when they respond poorly to you. I feel staff members should be professional at all times, even in the situations that require large amounts of patience.


Feedback completed.

PS: A poll would be nice.
#4
Sao Godo Wrote:really good application! you earn a cookie. the only problem is that i saw you one only time ingame, maybe cause of the timezone difference so I will not vote, just to be fair.

Yeah. Time zones cause too many problems

Debutante Wrote:Answer: No

Sorry to say, but you are really inactive on the forums. Personally, I would prefer to have IG Moderators who are active on the forums as well. It is good that you tried at least to have length in your application, but there are countless errors in the application. I feel your grammar could be a lot better than what was shown in the application. You need to actually mention traits you have that fit the moderator position. Most of the traits mentioned throughout it are generally repetitive in most of the applications.

Your reasoning for why you should be hired are extremely flawed as well. Everyone has the ability to help players, and should not be concluded as a main point of why you should be hired. You left the reader with little information of your intentions of the moderator position.

As a staff member, I would expect that you would worry too much of what other players thought of how you do your job. Not only that, you would favor more to being the popular mod instead of the mod who does their job correctly.


#2 - It is good that you are friendly, but to rule-breakers I expect that they are punished accordingly to what they deserve. Not accordingly to how much mercy or sympathy you are willing to give them.

#3 - I would have to worry greatly how you would respond to players when they respond poorly to you. I feel staff members should be professional at all times, even in the situations that require large amounts of patience.


Feedback completed.

PS: A poll would be nice.

Thanks for all the feedback. I've actually just re joined the server about 2 weeks ago. I'm starting to post again.

And tbh i checked my grammar about 6 times because it's something i stride on. Not quite sure where your finding the errors but hey, not gunna complain.

I didn't feel i needed to mention what I'm going to do as a staff memeber. It's quite obvious my job would be to help out when ever and where ever i can. I thought that was implied.

As for me mentioning to help, i said it was cliche... Theres not really more need to point it out again.

But again, thanks for the feeback, I'll take that into consideration
[Image: 6EfWRkZ.gif]

[Image: 30bo4tl.png]
#5
You is gewd guy, i've seen you help a lot of ppl out.

I vote, yesh!

Gl.


































































kthxbai
#6
Lect Wrote:You is gewd guy, i've seen you help a lot of ppl out.

I vote, yesh!

Gl.



































































kthxbai

Lol. Awwwh man. <3's and cookies for you.
[Image: 6EfWRkZ.gif]

[Image: 30bo4tl.png]
#7
I'm holding my vote for now i havn't seen you ingame ever.
#8
[SIZE="2"]
Herrow Hp Wrote:I'm holding my vote for now i havn't seen you ingame ever.

Pk box, :Confusedkill, ::gwd, ::latenightescapadesinthewildywithmyself

We shall meet sometime Smile[/SIZE]
[Image: 6EfWRkZ.gif]

[Image: 30bo4tl.png]
#9
siick Wrote:[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="2"]

Pk box, :Confusedkill, ::gwd, ::latenightescapadesinthewildywithmyself

We shall meet sometime Smile[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hopefully. Big Grin
#10
Fuck, your committed '_'


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bakura's Moderation Application Kayu10 46 5,981 06-30-2016, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Tom
  Str Man Moderator Application str man 2 846 10-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Gir
  L2 Switch's Moderator Application L2 SWITCH 44 4,768 06-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Brittany
  Dan & Joe Joint Moderater Application 010pure 23 2,195 06-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Welshboy
  Ashton's Application Brady 1 716 12-14-2013, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Brittany
  Dean/Gl Then Mod Application Bum Me Plz 40 5,096 10-23-2013, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Bum Me Plz
  Brady's Tank Moderator Application. Brady 50 4,855 09-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Brittany
  Moderator. Hanging On 56 4,383 08-31-2013, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Welshboy
  dr fishblades moderator app #2! Dr Fishblade 41 3,285 08-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Matt
  Jay Zody's Mod Application JayZody 21 1,543 07-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Agent

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)