Posts: 322
Threads: 0
Joined: Mar 2012
Well, apparently this is the new thing people are wanting to know how to do, so I've made a little tutorial to show you the basic way to make them.
Personally, I don't bake userbars, but I do know how to make rather basic ones. It gets it's job done, which is all that really matters in this case.
If you think there should be any changes, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Tutorial
[SPOILER]
![[Image: EawpQ.png]](http://i.imgur.com/EawpQ.png)
[/SPOILER]
Direct Link
“There is no small act of kindness. Every compassionate act makes large the world”
“People forget how fast you did a job – but they remember how well you did it”
Posts: 5,545
Threads: 342
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,787
Threads: 675
Joined: Jun 2011
04-22-2012, 02:22 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2012, 02:26 PM by Trent.)
[COLOR="White"][SIZE="2"]I'm sorta confused as to the color part... Lol.
Edit;; Nevermind. Thanks for this tut.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posts: 322
Threads: 0
Joined: Mar 2012
IRockNikesx2 Wrote:[COLOR="White"][SIZE="2"]I'm sorta confused as to the color part... Lol.
Edit;; Nevermind. Thanks for this tut.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I guess I should have specified that bit. If you would like I can try to fit in in there.
“There is no small act of kindness. Every compassionate act makes large the world”
“People forget how fast you did a job – but they remember how well you did it”
Posts: 5,602
Threads: 296
Joined: Jul 2009
Bleh, it's kinda bland, maybe stroke on the text would be better? Even if it wasn't bold, 1px with lowered opacity might have some impact to it. Sorry, just not a fan of this particular userbar, but at least you're not doing something generic.
Posts: 507
Threads: 38
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 322
Threads: 0
Joined: Mar 2012
Mircast Wrote:Bleh, it's kinda bland, maybe stroke on the text would be better? Even if it wasn't bold, 1px with lowered opacity might have some impact to it. Sorry, just not a fan of this particular userbar, but at least you're not doing something generic.
Yeah, I wasn't really going for the "wow factor" with this in particular. This was originally made for a friend of mine to give him a general outlook on userbars. But yeah, I agree, a slight stroke could give some impact.
“There is no small act of kindness. Every compassionate act makes large the world”
“People forget how fast you did a job – but they remember how well you did it”
Posts: 4,309
Threads: 210
Joined: Apr 2010
Userbars were the bee's knees like last year. I had a shop and made like 100+ then it was just too overwhelming. They have potential to be good but most people overdo the hell out of them.
Posts: 7,597
Threads: 346
Joined: Jul 2010
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="2"]I prefer to boil my userbars, baking gets them a little too crispy.
Strange size for one though.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posts: 151
Threads: 0
Joined: Apr 2012
Nice and simple, you should have added the scanline patterns while you're at it. ^^